Welcome to Arapahoe Charter School
"Every Child, Every Day"
**Arapahoe Charter School board meeting scheduled for tonight, Thursday, Feb 26th has been cancelled.**
Arapahoe Charter School will be a teacher/parent directed community school. Teachers and parents will be required to be involved in the governance of the school and share in the responsibility for the educational achievements of their students. Teachers and parents will become partners in the decision making process. Arapahoe Charter School will provide students and parents in Pamlico County and surrounding counties with an expanded choice in educational opportunity.
The Goal of Arapahoe Charter School will be:
- To improve the quality of student learning in a wholesome, challenging, and enriching environment that will elicit the most from each student.
- To engender a risk-taking atmosphere that encourages teachers to research, evaluate, and implement innovative ideas and methods that will impact on student learning.
- To recognize that each child is uniquely different and may, at times, need special instruction and attention.
- To be aware that in our pluralistic environment, it is necessary to spark the learning desires of "below average students" at risk of giving up on learning, to challenge "average students" to do their very best, and to excite "above average students" to rise to their full potential.
- To instill in our students, teachers, parents, and community at large, the responsibility to set high expectations and help ensure that all students experience success and high levels of achievement.
- To foster in our students a sense of individual and community responsibility, respect for others, and the need for each to reason his/her way through problems.
With the community's strong support of the Arapahoe Charter School, the parents and teachers who share in the vision of a parent/teacher directed community school, and willing students and dedicated educators, we are confident that we will be able to prepare our children to be productive and meaningful citizens.